Based in Athens, Greece
May, 2015 [iOS - A New Beginning ver.]
Apple App Store
We are happy to present the final [re]reboot of our first game in the vein of point and click adventures, available for download on iTunes for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
With its imaginative artwork, its compelling story and its relaxing tempo, the game introduces the player to a quirky and serene universe, the Minims universe.
The Minims - A New Beginning is a game about a personal journey of an endearing creature of the Minim species. On yet another beautiful day, on the top of the rock, Mii is doing some chores, when it dawns on him that Mo appears to be missing. In the game, the player must use logic, collect important items, and solve puzzles in order to guide Mii in his search to find his life partner Mo. Tracing her steps he embarks on a journey which becomes a self-seeking exploration regarding life choices and personal values.
Historyv1.0 - Alpha version // October 2013
This version was launched as an alpha version and consisted of 5 mini-chapters which correspond to a quarter of the story. We decided to release this version to the public in order to get feedback about the game instantly . We didn't promote this version to the press.v3.0 - Complete story but... // December 2014
After a year of hard development and difficult choices we finished the game and updated the iTunes app as version 3.0 (we skipped version 2.0). In this version we merged the previous 5 mini chapters into 2, improved the graphics and Maria composed completely new original music. As we got some feedback from beta testers and players it became apparent that there was a type of inconsistency between the very first part of the game and the rest. So after the update we immediately decided not to promote this version and work again for about a month to eliminate this inconsistency.v3.2 - The Minims - A New Beginning // May 2015
Here we are with the final version of the game! In this version we have changed all the intro, 1st chapter’s puzzles and some puzzles from chapter 2, plus a few storytelling details throughout the game. These changes were necessary for the consistency of the game mechanics and storytelling of the game. In addition we improved the UI and some graphics and introduced the title “A New Beginning” which reflects the storyline of the complete game.
The Minims - A New Beginning Official Teaser Trailer YouTube
The Minims - A New Beginning Official Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for The Minims - A New Beginning. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
What Players Say
- " Amazing, beautiful, just great!! - ... It's hard to find good story games that have great graphics and an amazing story line. ... " - USA
- " Wonderful Game! - ... The graphics and music are delightfully zen. ... " - USA
- " Extremely creative! Should get more love - Very quirky and fun. Made me laugh out loud a few times and also surprised me. Great artwork and perfect for iPhone screen... " - USA
- " most touching game I’ve ever played! - beautiful scenes and soundtrack, the end of the game is extremely touching! ... I'm deeply immersed in the atmosphere that it makes me believe a world of minims exists somewhere deep in our inner world. " - China
- " Very Charming - Beautiful minimalist scenery and low-stress puzzles make this a unique adventure game. " - Philippines
- " - A wonderful game with great graphics and intriguing challenges. I hope that there is more to come from this team. " - Great Britain
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
We are a games development studio made up of Andreas, interactive storyteller, developer and cg generalist, Maria, composer and Akis, test leader. Located in the center of Athens, Greece, we try to offer creative interactive digital experiences.
More information on beyondthosehills, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Minims - A New Beginning Credits
Game Designer, Developer, CG Generalist, Audio
Business, Music, Game Designer
Test Leader, Game Design Consultant